It was amazing!
Here are some highlights:
- Got up painfully early,
- argued with taxi drivers because there were six of us and we wanted to all ride together,
- knew someone at the ferry terminal so we skipped an hour-long line,
- chased a pigeon around the interior of the ferry,
- enjoyed winds and teperatures reminiscent of Greenland,
- took a few lucky photos among all the other junk,
- learned about immigration,
- discovered that none of us had relatives who actually went through Ellis Island (Geez, talk about not feeling like you're in the club),
- got off the boat and argued with a few more cab drivers,
- arrived at the skating rink just as the free-skate period was over,
- took a short nap,
- got pizza and rude treatment from a waiter who acted like he was from the Soviet bloc (and probably was).
Here are a few shots from the adventure:
I snuck out onto an abandoned pier with my daughter and took a standard shot of the Lady in the Harbor.