Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Ten Good Reasons for a Gondolier to Wear a Hat
1. Keeps the sun out of your eyes. (Duh!)
2. Leaves a nice depression line across your forehead.
3. You can't tip your hat to the ladies without...well...a hat!
4. Makes for an interesting conversation piece while boarding a plane. One time I had a flight attendant remark "I see you've been to Disneyland".
5. Helps avoid sunburn (at least on the top half of your head)
6. Makes you look like a gondolier instead of "Where's Waldo" or that one guy in Michael Jackson's "Beat It" video.
7. Sets you apart from all the other shmoes out there driving boats.
8. One of my gondoliers tells me that "chicks dig it".
9. Conceals hair loss (or "forehead gain")
10. I'd rather have bird crap land on my hat than in my hair.